Thursday, July 2, 2009

keeping busy

I LOVE summer! I was just looking at our calendar for the summer and realized that we are busy every weekend except 1. I feel like summer is going to fly by, but I am enjoying every minute of it right now. Kaya and I have been enjoying our time together. She is the funniest girl- I can't get enough of her!!!


These first pictures are a little belated but I had to get them in here... Kaya's friend, Isabella, turned 1 at the end of May! Kaya had a lot of fun swimming, eating cake and watching Isabella open her presents. The party was AMAZING!



We made our usual trip to Spokane for hoopfest weekend. It was so much fun to spend time with our friends and family. I didn't take any pictures of any of our times together and I wish I would have. While we were there, we took Kaya strawberry picking with her Nana and Pop-Pop. She had fun picking berries, throwing them in the basket and of course eating them. We looked over at one point and she was putting an entire berry in her mouth (green stem and all). She ate it with a smile and wanted more so I guess she like it ok.




We have also been spending a lot of time outside. Kaya loves doing anything outdoors! She is particularly fond of dirt and mud but this day we were able to just stick with a nice, clean ball!


Looking cute in her slippers!

Poor Brody! She loves him so much and he must love her too because he puts up with a lot. Prior to sitting on him I had to stop her from pulling up his eyelids with one hand and trying poke his eye with the other.

This is Kaya talking on the phone to her daddy. (She was really talking to him-SO cute!) Yes, that is my (clean) underwear around her neck...she was "helping" me fold laundry before that. Helpful isn't it?
Must have been a more serious point in their conversation.

1 comment:

The Liezen Family said...

It was fun having you in Spokane for the weekend. We miss being able to hang out with you more. Kaya is adorable and I know she would give Abigail a run for her money. Take care!