Thursday, August 12, 2010

sunriver

I am finally getting around to posting about our vacation... It is amazing how busy things become as soon as you get home! Anyway, we went to Sunriver, OR again this year (our 3rd year now!) and had a great time with our fabulous friends. Well, it was great once we got to Sunriver. We had an eventful trip down: tire blew out at 10 pm on I-5. We had to unpack and spread the entire contents of the back of our car along the side of the road so we could get the tire out. The kids were crying, semi-trucks blowing by and all of a sudden I look in the car and notice that Kaya's DVD is off & all the lights are dimming. Then it hit me~ the battery died! Fortunately our friends were only 15 minutes behind and came to our rescue. Of course right after we got back on the road Kaya looked at me and said, "Mommy, remember I told you I had to go pee-pee." Of course! So, we stopped to potty...stopped to fill the spare tire with more air and finally arrived at our friends house at almost 1am. Doug woke up the next morning and bought us some new tires and a new car battery. $900 later we were back on the road (exhausted already, but back on the road). Thankfully, the ride from Beaverton to Sunriver was beautiful and uneventful and it was totally worth it once we arrived. Here are a BUNCH of pictures of our week starting with packing the car.

Kaya pulled up a chair to just sit and watch her daddy. In true Kaya style she was talking the entire time too. I took video of it also. At one point Doug was trying to close the top and it wasn't fitting. Kaya sat there and yelled, "Push harder daddy!" I think that was probably really helpful to Doug :)


~Berkley & Blake~

This is what Blake did much of the day...
and this...
practiced his new skill of rolling over...

Here is Doug "taking care of" Blake. Something about modeling what he wants Blake to do???

We spent time in the pool everyday. Blake only dipped in a couple times (he seemed to like it pretty well) but Kaya became a fish! I couldn't believe how brave she became in just a few days.

She spent a lot of time jumping into the big pool with daddy.


She loved the floaties this year and was very brave in the kiddie pool!


I thought this was pretty cute~dads and their babies. Apparently so did the other 10 ladies that commented on it as they walked by.
All the kids: Isabella, Justus, Berkley, Hadley, Bennett, Blake and Kaya

~The guys~
Kaya had so much fun playing with Isabella all day every day! We went through some serious withdrawls when we got home! :)



1 comment:

mike and hillary said...

love all of your pictures. and i laughed out loud at your comment about doug "taking care of" blake.