Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas and... more Christmas

I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog! It has been such a busy (and FUN) month that I didn't have time to post any of the exciting Christmas things we were doing. We had such a wonderful Christmas this year. We got to spend a relaxing morning at home on the 25th before heading to a friend's house for dinner. The morning of the 26th, we headed across the pass to celebrate with family in Spokane and despite Blake and I getting the flu, we had a wonderful time! We feel so blessed! Here is our month of December in pictures starting with Kaya helping daddy and Pop-Pop hang the Chrismas lights Thanksgiving weekend.






Kaya got to have her own tree in her room this year. She loved decorating it and was so impressed.

We did plenty of baking...
Here we are waiting to see Santa! Kaya had a horrible experience with Santa last year and unfortunately remembered it for the ENTIRE year! She was eager to see him but kept assuring me that she didn't want to sit on his lap. We were hopeful that having Kaya's friend, Isabella, go first would make Kaya more comfortable but there were still some tears when we tried to get her to stand next to santa for a picture. She eventually calmed down and asked santa for scissors (yes, all she wanted for Christmas were some scissors). It was a much better experience than last year.






More baking...





This little guy started crawling this month and was thrilled to be able to make his way over to that sparkly tree and shiny packages. I love the look on his face as he reached out for the tree. I just LOVE that boy!












~Christmas Eve~





Putting on the new Christmas jammies.



























Christmas morning~ Kaya is enjoying the new chair that Santa brought for the kids


Blake's turn...


Enjoying a Christmas bath with her new Tinkerbell bubble bath. Doesn't get much better than that!











1 comment:

The Liezen Family said...

Oh my goodness, those eyes on Blake are going to attract the ladies when he gets older! I wish we could have seen you too. Any more Spokane visits planned? We miss you and hope you've had a good start to 2011!