Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I think it's winter!"



This is the first time that I have actually been prepared for snow!  I saw some boots for the kids on clearance at Target the other day (when there was no snow on the ground or even talk of snow yet) and decided to buy them "just in case".  AND thanks to a good friend, I had snowpants for both kids too.  And then, I found a one piece snowsuit in the back of Blake's closet that still fit and made the getting dressed process even quicker.  That's right, my kids were in REAL snow clothes this year instead of jeans and tennis shoes.  Can you say "mom-of-the-year"? 

Kaya looked out the window on Sunday morning, saw snow and shouted: "Mommy! I think it's winter!" Everything that day was for "winter". Winter clothes, winter pajamas, winter hot chocolate, winter baths... After about 30 minutes of getting everyone dressed and ready (in the snow clothes I had gathered), we headed out to enjoy it.

Blake doesn't share the same love for snow that Kaya does quite yet, but by the third day of playing in it he was starting to see the fun in all that freezing white stuff. Just don't let it touch him on his bare skin! (Like his hands after he has thrown the mittens on the ground for the 10th time...)

















No comments: